Back to the List of the Granted Patents Click here to download KE000107 PDF
(11) Patent Number: KE 107
(45) Date of grant: 17/03/2009
(51) Int.CI.6: A 61K 7/48, 7/50
(21) Application Number: 1999/ 000269
(22) Filing Date: 23/02/1999
(73) Owner:MUSANGA THERESA MUTESHI of, P O BOX 19302 NAIROBI,Kenya
(72) Inventor:MUSANGA THERESA MUTESHI
(54) Title: SKIN CARE PRODUCTS AND THE PROCESS S OF THEIR PRODUCTION.
Composition for skin care products comprising a moisturizer, a cleaner and a toner , the process of their manufacturethereof constituting specific ingredient ratios that are formulated to achieve the best results .Both the products achieved by the invention and the processes that are used or employed in their manufactured are part of present invention.
TITLE: SKIN CARE PRODUCTS AND THE PROCESS OF THEIR PRODUCTION
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
The present invention relates to the process of producing beauty care products. More particularly it relates to novel compositions or formula for skin care products and the methods or process for their production.
There have been many skin care products that have been developed in the cosmetic industry. In the past, all efforts have been concentrated to developing synthetic cosmetics. This made the cosmetic consumers to use several artificial chemicals that were presented in the market. Recently the above scenario has changed. This is a result of high demand for natural beauty products that are tender to the skin and tend to have more effective results.
It is therefore very evident that the current trend in skin care development is mainly steered towards producing natural skin care products.
Moreover, the demand has dictated this current trend, resulting into many efforts being put into developing high quality products that can satisfy the consumer’s needs.
Disclosure of the Invention
It is the object of the present invention to disclose novel natural skin care products. It is another object of the present invention to disclose the methods or processes of producing these skin products.
It is still another further objective of this present invention to disclose important formulae that are used through a process of application to achieve the best results.
Still further it is another object of the present invention to disclose the methods of application of the formulae to achieve the best skin care results.
The novel products that are presented in this invention are comprised of three formulations that have been discovered to achieve very good results in the procedure for carrying out all types of skin care. A combination of the products is remarkable due to their immediate and visible results starting from the initial or first application.
Moreover most of the ingredients used in the product range are natural and have the surprising effect characterized by being nutritive, healing and soothing to the skin of the user. There is also the advantage of being able to work on African, Arab, Asian and Caucasian skin.
The invention provides for three products that when utilized achieve the aforementioned excellent results.
The products are basically comprised of a face or body moisturizer, a face and neck cleanser and toner.
The invention therefore provides for three skin care products. The invention further provides for their process or method of their production or manufacture.
For the purpose of better understanding on how to carry out the invention, the methods of producing the said products are described in detail. A list of examples will be provided, but it should be noted that any alterations that are in the spirit of the described invention are part of this present invention.
DETAILED DESCPRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
The following is a detailed description of the aforementioned invention. The three formulas will be described and the best mode of producing each of the products will be illustrated by examples.
BEST MODES OF CARRYING OUT THE INVENTION
Moisturizer-Face and Body
The moisturizer is manufactured by mixing the following ingredients at the following percentages.
Emulsifying wax B.P 13.31%
Corn oil 13.31%
Lanolin anhydrous B.P 3.33%
Olive oil B.P 6.65%
Pure glycerine B.P 6.65%
Acetic acid/white vinegar 2.96%
Pure orange essential Oil 0.37%
Purified and filtered water 53.24%
Pure lavender essential oil 0.18%
Cleanser for face and neck
Cleanser is prepared from the following ingredients.
Emulsifying wax B. P 10.09%
Camphor synthetic B.P 2.52%
Corn oil 20.18%
Pure glycerine B.P 5.04%
Coconut oil 10.09%
Lanolin anhydrous B.P 5.04%
Purified and filtered water 42.04%
Acetic acid/white vinegar 4.73%
Pure orange essential oil 0.27%
Both formula one and two are made through a process that can be best described by the following procedure:
Process for the manufacture of the moisturizer and the cleanser.
The products are manufactured by a process described below:
1. Sterilize all equipment’s for holding and stirring the ingredients.
2. In one plastic container put the purified and filtered water.
3. In a second plastic container put the acetic acid or white vinegar.
4. In the third plastic container put the remaining ingredients except the essential oils.
5. Put all the three plastic containers into a water bath and heat.
6. When the contents of the third container have completely dissolved or melted, remove all three plastic containers from the waterbath.
7. Stand the third plastic container of the ingredients in a container of cold water.
8. To the second plastic container of acetic acid/white vinegar add the essential oils and stir. Now also add the ingredients of the first container of water to this mixture of acid and essential oils, mix well.
9. Slowly pour this new combination of ingredients of the second plastic container into the third plastic container standing in the cold water. Stir throughout this process of mixing.
10. Let it cool and package the cream in sterilized containers.
This consists of plastic basins or a regular bath tub of water that is heated up with immersion heater(s). The three plastic containers containing the ingredients are placed into the water bath before switching on the immersion heater(s). The three plastic containers with ingredients must be heated up for the same duration of time and at the same temperature.
This is a detailed description of the composition of one of the products and the process of ifs manufacture.
Toner for face and neck
Acetic acid/white vinegar 19.92%
Filtered and purified water 79.68%
Pure orange essential oil 0.40%
PROESS FOR THE MANUFACTURE
1. Put acetic acid in a sterilized jug or urn.
2. Add the orange essential oil, stir, then add the filtered and purified water, and mix well.
3. Pack in pre-sterilized bottles.
It will be readily apparent to those skilled in the art that a number of modifications and changes may be made without departing from the spirit and the scope of the present invention. Therefore, it is intended that the invention may be elaborated further by a set of claims.
Having thus described and exemplified the invention with a certain degree of particularity it should be appreciated that the following claims are not to be so limited but are to be afforded a scope commensurate with the wording of each element of the claim and equivalents thereof.
1. A composition or formulation for skin care products characterized by: 9 -15% Emulsifying wax B.P; 11-15% corn oil; 2-5% Lanolin anhydrous B.P; 4-8 % Olive oil B.P; 4 -10% glycerine B.P; 1.5-3% acetic acid/white vinegar, 025-1% pure orange essential oil; 50 - 60% purified and filtered water; 0.15- 0.35% pure lavender essential oil.
2. A composition or formulation for skin care products characterized by: 8-12% Emulsifying wax B.P; 2.6-3% camphor synthetic B.P; 16-25% corn oil; 4- 6% pure glycerine B.P; 8-12% coconut oil; 4-6 lanolin anhydrous B. P; 35 45% purified and filtered water; 0.2-0.4% pure orange essential oils.
3. A composition or formulation for skin care products characterized by: 16-20% acetic acid/white vinegar; 75- 85% purified and filtered water, 0.25-0.75% pure orange essential oil.
4. A process for the manufacture of the composition/formulation according to claim 1.
5. A process for the manufacture of the composition or formulation according to claim 2.
6. A process for the manufacture of the composition or formulation according to claim 3.
Composition for skin care products comprising a moisturizer, a cleanser and a toner, the process of their manufacture thereof constituting specific ingredient ratios that are formulated to achieve the best results. Both the products achieved by the invention and the processes that are used or employed in their manufacture are part of the present invention.