Back to the List of the Granted Patents Click here to download AP2272 PDF
(11) Patent No : AP 2272 (73) Applicant(s)
(21) Application No : AP/P/2007/003875 BHP BILLITON SA LIMITED, 200 Hans Strijdom Drive, 2194
(22) Filing Date : 08.07.2005 South Africa
(24) Date of Grant & 15.08.2011
(45) Publication :
(30) Priority Data (72) Inventors
(33) Country (31) Number (32) Date DE KOCK Sanette, South Africa
ZA 2004/5221 16.07.2004 BARNARD Paul, South Africa
BOWKER Clint, South Africa
(84) Designated State
BW NA ZM HONEY & BLANCKENBERG
(51) International Classification C22B 3/18 (2006.01) C22B 15/00 (2006.01)
Optimization of bioleaching process.
A method for optimizing a bioleaching process, at least in respect of heat generation and primary copper sulphide leaching, by actively monitoring and controlling inorganic and organic compounds in a raffinate solution, produced in the process, to levels below that which could be inhibitory to microbial activity of bioleaching strains used in the process.
(56) Documents Cited : WO 2004/027099 A US 5 278 069 A US 2001/002312 A1