Back to the List of the Granted Patents Click here to download AP2199 PDF
(11) Patent No : AP 2199 (73) Applicant(s)
(21) Application No : AP/P/2007/003914 GEKKO SYSTEMS PTY LTD, 321 Learmonth Road, Ballarat,
(22) Filing Date : 18.08.2005 Australia
(24) Date of Grant & 21.01.2011
(54) Publication :
(30) Priority Data (72) Inventors
(33) Country (31) Number (32) Date LEWIS -GRAY Alexander Hamilton, Australia
AU 2004904808 24.08.2004 (74) Representative
(84) Designated State
GH NA T Z HONEY & BLANCKENBERG
(51) International Classification B03C 1/12 (2006.01) B03C 1/247 (2006.01)
Magnetic separation method.
A magnetic separator (1) for a mineral feed comprising, a rotatable drum (28) having an attraction surface, an inlet (5) for receiving a stream of the mineral feed and directing it past the rotating drum, means (33) for generating a magnetic field to attract magnetic components in the feed to the attraction surface, a first zone (15) for take off of non -magnetic components of the mineral feed, and a second zone (I6) for take off of the magnetic components, wherein the magnetic field generating means are adapted to subject the magnetic components to at least one reversal of polarity of the magnetic field as the drum rotates.
(56) Documents Cited : US 5057210 A US 5860532 A SU 1570778 A