Back to the List of the Granted Patents Click here to download AP1926 PDF
(11) Patent No : AP 1926 (73) Applicant(s)
(21) Application No : AP/P/2006/003796 ATKINSON Louis D, 12535 West Wilbur Drive, City of New
Berlin, 53151, Wisconsin,
(22) Filing Date : 24.03.2005 United States of America
(24) Date of Grant & 08.12.2008
(45) Publication :
(30) Priority Data (72) Inventors
(33) Country (31) Number (32) Date ATKINSON Louis D, United States of America
US 10/807,763 24.03.2004 BLOOMER Shane T, United States of America
US 11/047,896 01.02.2005
(84) Designated State
UG FISHER CORMACK & BOTHA
(51) International Classification A01G27/00 (2006.01) A01K1/10 (2006.01)
Liquid level maintaining device.
The present invention pertains to a plant watering system that is particularly suited for a plant container with a reservoir of water below the plant. The watering system uses a pilot controlled sequence valve to maintain the water level of the reservoir. The sequence valve includes a diaphragm that is pneumatically coupled to a pilot port fixed to the reservoir and submersed in the water. When the water level in the reservoir reaches a lower limit, the reduced pressure on a diaphragm causes it to open a pathway for water to flow from a water supply to the reservoir. When the water level reaches an upper limit, the increased pressure on the diaphragm causes it to close that pathway and shut off the water flow. The water supply can be an elevated tank or the pressurized water system. A pressure regulator can be used to lower the water pressure at the intake of the sequence valve. A nozzle controls the flow rate of water into the reservoir.