Back to the List of the Granted Patents Click here to download KE000128
(11) Patent Number: KE 128
(45) Date of grant: 19/04/2001
(51) Int.C1.6:A 47F 7/00, G 07F 11/00, 17/00, 17/18, 17/42
(21) Application Number: 1999/ 000278
(22)Filing Date: 16/06/1999
(73) Owner:ANNA VASILIEVNA CHEPKONGA of, P.O. BOX 76137, NAIROBI, Kenya
(72) Inventor:ANNA VASILIEVNA CHEPKONGA
(54) Title: VENDING MACHINE FOR WOMEN HYGIENIC PRODUCTS LIKE SANITARY TOWELS AND TAMPONS
(57) Abstract:This invention relates to a vending machine characterized in that it vends women hygienic products like sanitary towels and tampons and comprises of a coin insertion box, a rack for stocking hygienic products, a releasing mechanism for releasing a product into an open slot once a specified coin is inserted.
VENDING MACHINE FOR WOMEN HYGIENICTRODUCTS LIKE SANITARY TOWELS AND TAMPONS
This invention relates to a vending machine for women hygienic products like to sanitary towels and tampons that can be placed in public Rest rooms.
Currently there are a variety of vending machines which dispense, cigarettes, 15 foodstuffs and tickets.
Women at present have to purchase and move around with hygienic products in their handbags or otherwise. The present invention intends to solve the problem of having to purchase and store the women hygienic products by providing easy and convenient accessibility to the products by having them always at the rest rooms. This is provided by use of a vending machine revealed here that will specifically be for vending women hygienic products. The vending machine will be easy to operate.
The object of the present invention is to provide a vending machine for women hygienic products. The products include sanitary towels and for tampons. The vending machine is made from a combination of partially conventional parts which are mutually connected so as to achieve an automatic and reliable productive result. The machine will also be simple enough such that the cost of production will not affect excessively the price of the products to be dispensed. The machine is made such that it uses coins. The coin acceptance mechanism to be used is any of the standard coin inserting mechanisms which can be adapted to any currency type. Once a specified coin is inserted a mechanism is activated which in turn releases a pre-stored item of napkin or tampon an open slot and from which slot the item can be picked. The release mechanism is one embodiment of the invention is purely mechanical for use in areas which might not have electrical power. In a second embodiment of the mechanism the release mechanism will be electronic. The products to be dispensed are generally packed in regular shaped containers or wrappers, mostly cubicle shapes. This makes the mechanism fairly simple and cheap.
The vending machine will be able to dispense one or a variety of different types of products.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
Figure 1 is a genera/ perspective view of the vending machine, showing the payment collection unit (1), the slot (6) for dispensing or picking up hygienic product, the knobs (9) pressed to specify the product and labels (10) indicating product.
Fig 2 is a sectional view of the vending machine token along a vertical axial plane parallel to the front side.
Fig 3 is a sectional view of the vending machine taken along a vertical axial plane parallel to the vertical side.
WAYS OF CARRYING OUT THE INVENTION
With reference to Fig 1, (1) generally designates a conventional coin insertion device complete with a related apparatus for returning coins in a case of non-use. After the user inserts the coin, they then press on the knob (2) indicating the product of their preference. The specifics of the products are indicated by label 10. In the lower part of the external structure of the machine, there is a slot or slots (3) into which the product falls and from which the user picks the product.
In Fig 2, (9) indicates a conventional mechanism either mechanical or electrical which after the coin is inserted activates the mechanism for the knob (2) such that when knob (2) is pressed it operates or activates a conventional releasing mechanism (5) through relays (8) and thereby the releasing mechanism releases the product into slot (3).
The position of knobs (2) can be placed in any part of the machine as long as there
are relays to the releasing mechanism. They can also be placed such that they activate the releasing mechanism direct.
The products (4) are stacked on top of one another and are forced down by force of gravity to slot (3) once released by mechanism (5).
The vending machine can be fixed onto a wall at a convenient level using the back 25 side. It can also be a standalone unit.
1. A vending machine characterized in that it vends women hygienic products and
comprises of a coin insertion box, a rack for stocking hygienic products, a releasing mechanism for releasing a product into an open slot once a specified coin is inserted.
2. A vending machine according to claim 1 characterized in that the outside container is made of an appropriate plastic material of non-toxic type or other I5 low cost material.
3.The vending machine according to claim 1 characterized in that it can be able to adopt either an electrical or mechanical release mechanism.
4. The vending machine according to claim 1 characterized in that it can be made to vend only one type or a plurality of types of hygienic products by adopting one or a plurality of storage racks.
5. The vending machine according to claim 1 characterized in that it employs a conventional coin insertion mechanism with a provision for returning coins in the case of non-use.
6. The vending machine in claim 1 having a provision for being fixed onto a wall at a convenient level or being a stand-alone unit.