Back to the List of the Granted Patents Click here to download AP2696 PDF
(11) Patent No : AP 2696
(21) Application No : AP/P/2004/003042
(22) Filing Date : 31.10.2002
(24) Date of Grant & 17.07.2013
(45) Publication :
(30) Priority Data
(33) Country (31) Number (32) Date
ZA 2001/8978 31.10.2001
(84) Designated State
KE LS MW MZ SZ TZ UG ZM Z
THE SOUTH AFRICAN MEDICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL,
Fransie Van Zijl Drive, Parrowvallei, 7505 Cape Town,
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN, Lovers Walk, Rondebosch,
7701 Cape Town,
WILLIAMSON Carolyn, South Africa
VAN HARMELEN Joanne Heidi, South Africa
RAY Clive Maurice, South Africa
FISHER CORMACK & BOTHA
(51) Intern ational Classification C07K 14/16 (2006.01) C12N 15/49 (2006.01
HIV-1 subtype isolate regulatory/accessory genes, and modifications and derivatives thereof.
The invention describes HIV- 1 subtype isolate regulatory/accessory genes, and modifications and derivatives thereof. The genes which are described are the tat, nef and rev genes. Consensus amino acid sequences are also disclosed. The invention also relates to a vaccine including two or more of the nucleotide sequences, and nucleotide sequences from the pol and/or gag genes of HIV -1.
(56) Documents Cited : HARVARD AIDS INSTITUTE WO 02 04493 A WO 02 04494 A NOVITSSKY V et al.