Reporting to: Director, CIPIT
Basic job Summary: The Research Manager will be primarily responsible for the implementation, coordination, evaluation, communication and/or management of research at CIPIT. They will oversee the execution of the basic investigative tasks of the research projects, contributing to the ongoing management, progress evaluation, and information dissemination relating to the projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Training, guiding, and supervising interns and research staff.
- Plan and arrange meetings with research subjects, focus groups, teleconferences and other research activities; takes and prepares minutes.
- Collate and organize material for research papers, manuscripts, interim progress or final reports, articles or other documents for publication, presentation or submission to funding agencies, steering groups, etc.
- Assist the research staff with authoring relevant sections of manuscripts, and facilitate submission of study results, conference abstracts and preparation of posters and oral presentations journal articles, for publications.
- Assist in the organization and development of material for, and implements research coordination events including conferences, seminars and workshops amongst project investigators and stakeholders.
- Attend and contribute to relevant research and research dissemination meetings.
- Conduct detailed operational preparation of research project including schedules, progress, coordination, deliverables, and milestones of the project.
- Collaborate in the development of new techniques and research instruments.
- Develop and assess qualitative and quantitative research instruments (i.e. structured interviews, questionnaires, document/chart review matrix, etc.), with a strong understanding of the requirements of valid, reliable and feasible application in onsite, on‐line and field settings.
- Refine and adapt research methodologies and research instruments as the project progresses in light of results being obtained and of effectiveness of project implementation, as directed by the Project Investigator or senior research staff.
- Write, edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation for research ethics and regulatory matters.
- Conduct research project activities requiring a higher level of autonomy, training or skill.
- Contribute to production of critical reviews or editions.
- Track/monitor/provide justification for all financial aspects of the project ensuring accurate and timely reporting (including, if required, travel and in kind contributions of Principal Investigator and all other partners).
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Oversee the execution of all phases of data analysis plan(s) and contributes to components currently being developed.
- Interpret data, information and /or experimental and analytical results to identify key issues, to understand trends, characteristics and tendencies and to generate conclusions.
- Conduct sophisticated and/or advanced data analyses which may require specialized expertise and experience and interprets results.
- Inform Principal Investigator of project results, analyses, and interpretation, including thoughts on their impact on the conduct of the project so that appropriate adjustments can be made as the work progresses.
Writing up and submitting research results for publication or presentation, and other duties
- Contribute to the drafting and submitting of papers to peer-reviewed journals/conferences/workshops and of grant proposals and applications.
- Oversee the summarization in written format (i.e. report suitable for submission to client and/or funding agency) information relating to project design, implementation, evolution and findings.
- Promote application and impact of research work and results.
- Summarize results in written format suitable for consumption by lay audiences unfamiliar with statistical techniques and terminology.
- Summarize results in written format understandable by the “educated professional” (i.e. college-educated individual).
- Manage the development and annual publication of the CIPIT peer-reviewed academic journal.
- Assist the Director, CIPIT, in supervising project management, intern management, and communications.
- Assist with any other duties required by the research project or management.
- PhD in Law, Political Science, Economics, or related field , or;
- Masters in Law, Political Science, Economics, or related field with demonstrated excellence in the job criteria
- Demonstrated extensive experience in research
- Familiarity with qualitative research methodologies and their applications.
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, statistics and their applications.
- Experience with literature searches and retrievals using electronic database.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, to work under pressure, to effectively manage overlapping duties and to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management, coordination and facilitation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, adapt rapidly to change and to demonstrate flexibility and initiative.
- Sound judgments in applying scientific principles & predicting/preventing problems.
- Ability to adapt protocols as needed (within guidelines).
- Strong computer skills and experience using qualitative and quantitative analysis software and with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Advanced written and verbal skills in English demonstrated through publications and presentations.
Due to the large number of applications, we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.