Kindly check later.
Research Assistant, Innovation Platform (Full Time)
Basic job Summary:
As Innovation Platform Lead, the Research Assistant will manage a new online innovation exchange platform for intellectual property (IP) professionals to be launched in August 2017. The Research Assistant will also be actively involved in offline projects associated with the platform, including the incorporation of an association of IP professionals in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for assisting CIPIT Director and Research Lead, IP in carrying out the following:
- Mapping out all actors in the innovation ecosystem and their connection to the platform
- Creating, developing and managing information/content for the platform
- Publicizing in a cost effective manner the platform and all associated projects
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to the platform and all associated projects
- Working with IT support on maintenance and revamp of the platform from time to time
- Organising and participating regularly in events and activities connected to the platform
- Keeping the platform current with news, reports and other developments
- Cataloguing and archiving all platform data
- Writing regular blog posts and articles on platform-related matters
- Tracking and reporting on all platform metrics
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- Academic background in law, commerce, arts, sciences or relevant fields.
- Experience running an active community online and offline
- Experience in web management and/or content management
- Interest in innovation, technology and/or IP issues in Kenya
- Experience in business development, sales and/or marketing
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Proactive feedback with team members and partners
- Excellent time management to ensure timely delivery of outputs
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, letter of application and two (2) relevant work samples quoting “Research Assistant, Innovation Platform” on the subject line to CIPIT[@]strathmore.edu. The application deadline remains open until position is filled.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.